[j-nsp] Restore M7 to initial state

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Fri Jul 31 12:35:51 EDT 2009

> masood at Voyager# load
> factory-default

The problem with this is that it won't let you commit without setting
a root password. Now if I want to create something which looks like a
factory fresh router it I specifically don't want it to have a root
password.

So, a small request for enhancement here: JunOS should let you commit
an *empty* configuration even if root password has not been set.

> You might also need to delete configuration
> archives nd logs. Have a look @
>
> /config
> /var/db/config
> /var

It would be nice to have a ready-made command to clean these (and any
other directories that might have been written to).

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no