[j-nsp] MPLS for management VPN question

Truman Boyes truman at suspicious.org
Wed Jun 3 23:42:59 EDT 2009

Your PE routers can provide a way to reach your management segments
around the network. You can create a routing-instance (VRF) for
management, then put an IP address on the PE router for VLAN100. You
will do this at each M-series.

You then need to define a route-distinguisher, and route targets (or
simply vrf-target under the VRF) to import/export the routes for this
VPN from other PEs.

Later on you might want to connect some of your NMS/OSS systems into
the VRF so they can reach the the devices on the management VPN.

Truman