[j-nsp] MPLS EXP bit marking question

Christian Martin christian.martin at teliris.com
Wed Jun 10 00:23:45 EDT 2009

One reason to do this is to use a different egress PE classification
scheme and rewrite ruleset than what is used in the core.  This
allows for setting different core EXP values than what would be
preserved at egress and then, potentially, used for egress marking,
thus maintaining TOS transparency end-to-end.  I believe this is
called the short-pipe model.