[j-nsp] EX3200/4200 software | Requesting Clarification

Bill Blackford BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us
Wed Jun 10 10:59:52 EDT 2009

I'm a bit confused on the current versioning train. I have 9.4R1.8 running on my 3200's. People have posted on this list stating that the latest is the greatest with the EX series being so new and all. With that strategy in mind, I'm getting ready to upgrade the latest 9.5. Yesterday, my Juniper rep sent me a notification about 9.3S1.6. This seems to be a special release and perhaps outside of the standard train.

Now, do I back rev to this one or do I wait for a 9.4 or even 9.5 version to come out?

<rant>
My other concern is that I seriously hope that Juniper isn't going down the path that Cisco chose to support an endless serious of code forks and thusly creating a Winchester House labyrinth of JUNOS choices.
</rant>

Thank you all

-b

--