[j-nsp] EX-4200 VC, unable to lock config on fpc

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Tue Jun 23 21:41:27 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 05:30:38PM -0700, Cord MacLeod wrote:
> I had this issue adding members to an existing VC.  Did you upgrade all
> of the members to the same code?  When I did, the issue was fixed.

You run VC with mis-matched code versions?  You are braver than I!  We
always run the same code on all members and upgraded the entire VC at
the time of upgrade.

We have yet to observe the issue returning to a member that has been
rebooted, but it's still a bit early in the troubleshooting process to
say that a reboot fixes it for sure.

JTAC claims they saw this issue with 9.2 but not 9.3, and that it was
very rare.  Meanwhile, we didn't see it until three days after moving
to 9.3.  They are sticking to the flash corruption line, which I'm
still not convinced by - they are working on getting the documentation
they have on the issue.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie