[j-nsp] Bulk updates to Netscreen 5400

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Fri Jun 26 11:16:53 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 04:05:28PM +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
> That seems to be it; ScreenOS throws me back out with a "NSM only!"
> error through, so I suspect you need to be a specially-provisioned NSM
> user for this :o(

NSM traffic comes in over a special port with a special set of config
to support it:

set nsmgmt init id <hashed password>
set nsmgmt server primary <ip addr of nsm> port 7800
set nsmgmt bulkcli reboot-timeout 60
set nsmgmt hb-interval 20
set nsmgmt hb-threshold 5
set nsmgmt enable

You might be able to cheat by making the obvious changes :)

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie