[j-nsp] Bulk updates to Netscreen 5400

Sidney Boumendil sidney.boumendil at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 12:08:57 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Ross Vandegrift <ross at kallisti.us> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:52:49PM +0100, Phil Mayers wrote:
> > However - I have it on good authority that NSM merely uses a hidden CLI
> > command to start & commit bulk updates "all at once", a bit like SQL

You can view the raw config file by issuing a "get config datafile". I guess
NSM is pushing such a file through the SSP connection established with the
firewall. Don't know if you could do this manualy.

If you have a heavily loaded cluster, I recommend to push policy changes to
the backup unit of your cluster. By enablign NSRP config sync, changes will
be replicated to the master.

HTH

Sidney