[j-nsp] ISIS metric of redistributed directly connected routes

Hannes Gredler hannes at juniper.net
Mon Mar 2 03:29:22 EST 2009

hi richard,

guessing the "correct" export metric of a direct route
is a bit of philosophical question ;-) - let me explain:

since JUNOS does not know which end(point) of the subnet you are
interested in, it advertises the worst case, which is the cost
to reach the far-end, the cost of "crossing" the interface.

for loopback interfaces (which do not have a notion of far-end)
the "local" cost (0) is advertised.

HTH,

/hannes