[j-nsp] RPD_MLD_ROUTER_VERSION_MISMATCH message

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Mar 5 07:24:40 EST 2009

Hi,

Apparently someone forgot to update the syslog reference manual,
because 9.3R2++ (SR) is emitting stuff like this:

Mar  5 13:40:15 csc0-rtr rpd[4872]: RPD_MLD_ROUTER_VERSION_MISMATCH:
MLD version mismatch on ge-3/0/0.0. Local version: 2 Remote  version: 3

I posted a doc-pr about that already but the message is interesting..
because there is no MLD version 3 and our end is using IGMPv2 and
MLDv1 (the defaults).  I think the RPD is really complaining about
_IGMP_ version mismatch, not MLD version mismatch..

Maybe someone has seen the same, and a juniper person can get this
fixed internally.