[j-nsp] LDP FEC Default Behavior

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Mar 24 11:52:06 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 24 March 2009 07:42:16 pm William Jackson wrote:

> What happens with an IOS box? Does it have the same
> behavior or does it create an FEC for every entry in the
> routing table?

IOS setups FEC's for all Static, Connected and IGP routes.
It will also advertise those by default, which is why I
normally would suggest that you setup filters on LDP so you
control what is advertised - both in IOS and JunOS.

Label distribution mode in IOS is downstream unsolicited,
and this can't be changed.

Cheers,

Mark.