[j-nsp] Tracking traffic after policers?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon May 4 12:13:42 EDT 2009

I have an ethernet with a bunch of customer VLANs on an M10i.  The
customers are limited to the bandwidth they pay for with policers.  I
collect the traffic stats for graphing via SNMP, but the stats (from the
standard interface MIB) reflect the traffic before policing.

Is there a way to collect statistics _after_ policing (e.g. graph only
the traffic that is passed)?  I see the JUNIPER-FIREWALL-MIB variable
jnxFWCounterByteCount, but it is always 0 for policers (only the packets
are counted, which isn't very useful for traffic stats).

I'm of course looking to do this with as simple a config as possible;
right now I can set a logical interface's rate with "set policer input
4meg output 4meg", with the 4meg policer only defined once.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>