[j-nsp] CoS clarification on MPLS interface

Andrew Jimmy good1 at live.com
Sun May 24 15:51:40 EDT 2009

Which policy will took place, if you apply a CoS DSCP/EXP classification and
DSCP/EXP rewrite policy on an MPLS switching interface (keeping in mind
packet is being switched using MPLS shim header), I know MPLS EXP
classification and rewriting will defiantly be used but what about DSCP
classification and rewriting. The confusing is packet is being switched on
MPLS header without touching regular IP header while DSCP value set in IP
header. I just wana know how Juniper router (J Series and M Series) treats a
packet in MPLS core facing interface while both DCSP/MPLS EXP classifier and
rewriting are configured.

OR in simple words . Is it possible to use DSCP classification/rewriting on
MPLS core interface (while packet is being switched using MPLS shim header).

Regards,

Andrew