[j-nsp] IPv6 best practice

Matthias Gelbhardt matthias at commy.de
Mon May 25 08:32:41 EDT 2009

Hi!

Today we received our IPv6 prefix from RIPE. There are many projects
in the pipeline, so we would like to enable our network with IPv6 and
would like to start new projects with default deployment in IPv6.

What would be the best practice to bring our backbone to IPv6? Would
one use a virtual router for this? Or is it doable to configure IPv6
in parallel to my other configuration? Do I have special memory
requirements for a virtual router, like a VM on VMware?

Regards,

Matthias