[j-nsp] Juniper EX AE Bundle with LACP active

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Tue May 26 15:36:47 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 02:18:25PM -0400, Brendan Mannella wrote:
> just wondering if anyone else has experienced any issues with EX
> switches and ae bundles.

Very much so.

> For no reason the bundle has been flapping at random, a few times
> per day. The physical interfaces never flap, just the bundle.

Can you find any relation to config commits?  I once saw a VC develop a
problem where any commits caused aggregated ethernet devices to flap,
though the individual member interfaces did not flap.

I was able to resolve this issue by changing the LACP mode fast and
then back to default.  My feeling is that restarting lacp should've
fixed it as well, but that's not the tact that JTAC wants to take on
the issue.

> All switches are running 9.5R1.8

Everyone that I've talked to inside Juniper has suggest JUNOS 9.3R3 as
the suggested version for all of my deployments, but all of my EX
boxes are 4200 virtual chassis.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie