[j-nsp] junos 10.0 / interface-range implementation

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Fri Nov 6 12:37:22 EST 2009

Hi all,

Curtis, this would be of great interest. Moreover I don't understand how
it is possible to not have it yet. I vote for this :)

When you configure a port-range of 100 ports to turn on feature A on
them and then another range of 200 ports, which overlaps with the first
one, for a feature B and then a few other in similar way, some of them
turns off features A and B, than you apply a couple of groups (e. g.
inherited from an earlier software when groups were an only mechanism to
configure a bunch of ports at once), the config file gets to resemble an
awful labyrinth of those sets.

BTW, is there any big difference between unwrapped port-ranges and
configuration groups?

Did anyone tested if port-ranges can be used inside of stanzas different
than [edit interfaces], e. g. inside [edit ethernet-switching-options
voip] or [edit protocols ospf area 0]? Unfortunately I havn't an
appropriate box which I could painlessly upgrade to 10.0 to test it myself.

--
Pavel