[j-nsp] junos 10.0 / interface-range implementation

Curtis Call ccall at juniper.net
Tue Nov 10 18:30:16 EST 2009

> BTW, is there any big difference between unwrapped port-ranges and
> configuration groups?

Interface-ranges can affect interfaces that are not currently in the configuration, wildcard configuration groups cannot.    Also, script writers might be interested to know that interface-range expansion is *not* part of the post-inheritance candidate configuration.  In other words, commit scripts do not see the effects of the expanded interface-range configuration.

> Did anyone tested if port-ranges can be used inside of stanzas
> different than [edit interfaces], e. g. inside [edit ethernet-
> switching-options voip] or [edit protocols ospf area 0]? Unfortunately
> I havn't an appropriate box which I could painlessly upgrade to 10.0 to
> test it myself.

This is possible:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-network-interfaces/interfaces-interface-ranges-multi-task.html#interfaces-configuration-expansion-when-interface-range-is-used-under-other-hierarchies