[j-nsp] ScreenOS and VoIP and NAT

Ivan c ivannetw at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 00:38:56 EST 2009

Hey,

I have a query on NAT interaction for VoIP protocols. I'll attempt
some ascii art....

                                10.0.0.0/8
                 192.168.1.0/30
Internal subnet
Internal LAN<------------------------------->Netscreen<----------------------------------->Cisco<------------------------->Partner
LAN

SIP & Phones

                                SIP & Phones

No the inter-agency subnet of 192.168.1.0.30 is used for link
addressing and there is agreement to use other private addressing for
services, such as VoIP... For example the subnet 192.168.100.0/24 is
used by the Netscreen and 192.168.200.0/24 for the Cisco. So on the
Cisco side they hide the SIP and RTP VoIP traffic behind a single
address of 192.168.200.100 and I need to do the same on the Netscreen
and hide the traffic behind a single IP 192.168.100.100.

I can do a MIP for the SIP proxy, as it is a one to one correlation,
but how do I hide multiple IPs behind a single IP that isnt in the
Netscreen interface subnet?

Is there a way to do a ANY to a single IP that is not in the egress
interface range?

thanks
Ivan