[j-nsp] ScreenOS and VoIP and NAT

Ivan c ivannetw at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 17:38:59 EST 2009

No responses, so I guessing it's not feasible or no screenos ninjas around?

>From this I see you can configure a one to one MIP that isn't in the
interface IP subnet, but I want to NAT "any" source address on a
particluar flow to a single IP that isn't in the egress interface
subnet

"Before ScreenOS 6.1, MIPs could be in a different network from the
interface’s IP only on an interface in the Untrust zone. (This is an
important caveat, but it is the only caveat regarding MIPs.) You can
configure a MIP that is in the same network with its interface on any
interface in any zone. MIPs are most often used on the Untrust zone.
If you need to perform destination translation to an IP that is not in
the same network as the ingress interface, use a policy NAT-DST
translation KB11910 - [Inbound direction] How to configure Destination
Network Address Translation (NAT-Dst) in combination with a DIP if the
reverse connection is desired as well: KB11901 - [Outbound direction]
How to configure Source Network Address Translation (NAT-src) and
source Port Address Translation (PAT)."

http://kb.juniper.net/KB12835