[j-nsp] Getting configuration diffs via NETCONF

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Mon Nov 16 11:55:47 EST 2009

Hey all,

Is there anyway to programmatically request a diff of the candidate
and committed configurations?  I want the exact output of "show |
compare", and I want it in the form at the CLI for human documentation
purposes.

I've seen that I can request the candidate configuration hierarchy
with "junos:changed" attributes on all elements that either have been
changed or have changed children.  Generating a diff from this will be
awful...

I assume that JUNOS uses some XSLT/SLAX to convert XML hierarchies to
the form presented at the CLI.  Are those sheets available somewhere
for me to use?  An acceptable solution might be to fetch the candidate
and committed configurations, process them with the appropriate style
sheets, and produce the diff myself.

Thanks,
Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie