[j-nsp] EX3200/EX4200 Rate-Limit

Felix Schueren felix.schueren at hosteurope.de
Mon Nov 16 13:18:36 EST 2009

Brendan Mannella wrote:
> Upgrading to 9.3R4.4 seems to have broken my rate-limiting.
>
> The switch is being used to aggregate colo customers, and i need to be able to create rate-limits for different speeds and apply them to different physical ports.
>
> Can anyone provide a example config for this? I had..
>
> firewall {
> policer 10m {
> ##
> ## Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (ex3200-48t)
> ##

> filter-specific;
that never worked on the EXes, afaik - if you want filter-specific, you
need to manually write a seperate policer for each filter.

policer filter0 {
    if-exceeding {
        bandwidth-limit 500m;
        burst-size-limit 1m;
    }
    then discard;
}
policer filter1 {
    if-exceeding {
        bandwidth-limit 500m;
        burst-size-limit 1m;
    }
    then discard;
}

Yes, it sucks. EXes are really annoying in many cases where they just
don't support features you've come to rely on on the M-series.

Kind regards,

Felix

--
Felix Schüren
Head of Network

Host Europe GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon: 0800 467 8387 - Fax: +49 180 5 66 3233 (*)
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln - USt-IdNr.: DE187370678
Geschäftsführer:
Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller

(*) 0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz, Mobilfunkpreise ggf. abweichend