[j-nsp] Anybody else seen this?

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Sun Nov 22 22:38:17 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 09:06:23PM -0500, Stefan Fouant wrote:
> Seems there might be an issue with the MTR function using 'traceroute
> monitor' when used in conjunction with Logical Routers.  If I do a regular
> traceroute from within a Logical router, the output is as expected:

When I run a "traceroute monitor" from within a LR (by doing set cli
logical-router) on 9.2R4 it just runs from the main instance regardless.
I figured the MTR app just didn't have LR support added to it, since you
can't select a LR and "monitor" simultaniously in the CLI. It doesn't
seem like you can do this in CLI even in 10.0, so I'd guess they
probably didn't intend for it to be supported at all. After the
nightmare of grief that was caused by renaming it to logical-systems
(which btw is *NOT* backwards compatible like they claim it is when you
use commit scripts), we ended up dumping them on all future deployments
when running 9.3+.