[j-nsp] Upstream Traffic Manipulation Question

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 10:00:51 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 9:03 AM, William Jackson <wjackson at sapphire.gi>wrote:

> Maybe I am being too basic, but if both remote POPs are from the same
> ISP, maybe they have communities you can add to set their localpref?
>
> What about MED on BGP?

I'm sure he could communities with his upstream provider to influence MED
advertisements, or used local-pref internally, but this would have the
effect of *all* traffic to those destinations following the same path.  I
think what the OP was wanting to do was have certain internal subnets follow
one path outbound, and other internal subnets follow another.  Hence the
requirement for source-based routing.

--
Stefan Fouant