[j-nsp] JunOS, MPLS and WXC ISM 200

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Tue Oct 6 19:32:27 EDT 2009

In JUNOS 9.6, you have the ability to configure "Selective Stateless
Packet-Based Services" or basically support flow-mode and packet-mode
on the same interface, depending on the traffic type being presented.

In a nutshell, you create a firewall filter (stateless JUNOS-style FF,
not a JUNOS-ES security policy) which has an action of packet-mode.
This is applied to an interface and is triggered prior to the traffic
being processed by the security/flow engine.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos-security/junos-security96/junos-security-admin-guide/frameset.html

Cheers,

Ben