[j-nsp] Filter based forwarding and SCU/DCU

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:31:47 EDT 2009

SCU/DCU works only in output FW filters
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos9.6/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-policy/policy-configuring-match-conditions-in-firewall-filter-terms.html#id-10823080
You can specify a source class or destination class for an output firewall
filter. Although you can specify a source class and destination class for an
input firewall filter, the counters are incremented only if the firewall
filter is applied on the output interface.

The class-based filter match condition works only for output filters because
the source class usage (SCU) and destination class usage (DCU) are
determined after route lookup.

HTH

Cheers

Alex