[j-nsp] EX Routing Throughput

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Thu Oct 8 12:39:08 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 01:42:13AM +0000, Chris Morrow wrote:
> check out snmp support as well, good times and spinlocked snmpd, weee! (
> forget the order but something like snmpwalk the standard v2 accessible
> mib tree and boom snmpd spins itself into the ceiling, until
> 9.5<something> code)

Do you have any more information on this issue?  Our VCs running 9.3R4
have begun displaying an oddly high CPU utilization, evidenced by SNMP
data collection timeouts - our graphs will sometimes have gaps of no
data for 2-10 contiguous five minute polling cycles.  Sounds like we
could be seeing the issue you describe, though we didn't see it until
9.3R4.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie