[j-nsp] EX Routing Throughput

Chris Morrow morrowc at ops-netman.net
Wed Oct 7 21:42:13 EDT 2009

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

> EX has a ton of missing features which are blocked like this. Which is

yes

> actually better than how it used to be, where they would commit and then
> the box would crash and require a physical powercycle to recover.

wee... I guess? :(

> The sad part is that IPv6 support (to say nothing of firewall support,
> which is still extremely lacking on all fronts) isn't roadmapped until

check out snmp support as well, good times and spinlocked snmpd, weee! (
forget the order but something like snmpwalk the standard v2 accessible
mib tree and boom snmpd spins itself into the ceiling, until
9.5<something> code)

> 2011 on "big EX". Why Juniper doesn't want this platform to have a

'big ex' means?? 8XXX? isn't the idea with the EX you get a lower end
routing platform in the 32/4200 and can scale it up with VC's until you
want to grab an 8200?

> chance to succeed is beyond me, I guess they figure it's no fun if they
> don't wait for the competition to catch up.

smells like 6500...