[j-nsp] source nat w/pat question

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Thu Oct 15 17:59:03 EDT 2009

Hi Christopher,

Juniper have an excellent document on configuring the various forms of
NAT/PAT under JUNOS-ES.  It is located here:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/app-notes/3500152-en.pdf

Cheers,

Ben

On 16/10/2009, at 4:07 AM, Christopher M. Hobbs wrote:

Greetings!

I've got static NAT set up on one of our SRX240H boxes
running 9.5 R2.7 and it seems to work fine.  It points
traffic destined for 24.248.215.219 to a box behind the
firewall at 10.5.1.4.

I'd like to have SMTP traffic heading for 10.5.1.4 and
IMAP/S traffic heading for 10.5.1.2 using the same
external address.

The techpubs documentation was relatively sparse on this
topic (perhaps I didn't look hard enough). Can anyone
recommend some documentation to explain this setup or
provide an example of how to pull this off?

I apologize in advance if this is a super ignorant
question, I'm in the process of migrating to Juniper
products from Cisco, so I'm still learning.

Thanks so much!
--
C.M. Hobbs, http://altbit.org