[j-nsp] MVPN Interoperability Issue

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Fri Oct 16 16:19:48 EDT 2009

No. Each mvpn instance needs a unique p-group address, which results in a mt encap/decap for that mvpn's default tree. In a rosen7 with 3 pes, you have one outgoing and two incoming mdts at a minimum. If desired you can then have usage driven data mdts, but that increases tunnel count at the benefit of sparing Pes that have no interested receivers.

IIRC, we support something like 1023 mdts per TP. Not sure that we have the ability yet to scale with multiple tps.

HThs