[j-nsp] EX MPLS-CCC <-> Cisco EoMPLS

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Oct 20 02:04:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:55:03PM +0100, I Goodall wrote:
> Can anyone confirm if MPLS-CCC on a EX-4200s is compatable with EoMPLS (or
> similar) on a Cisco 7600/RSP720? I can find references in the archives to
> the M40s working but I know the features are quite limited on the EX
> switches Just looking for port to port so nothing too complicated.

EoMPLS in Cisco speak is l2circuit in Juniper speak. I don't believe any
sw for EX supports LDP yet, only IP->RSVP, so no this isn't currently
supported. I think there are also some hardware limitations regarding
the depth of the label stack that may make l2circuits running inside
rsvp in a traditional deployment a problem, not sure what they're going
to do to handle this (seeing as there is no LDP yet to even try :P).