[j-nsp] EX MPLS-CCC <-> Cisco EoMPLS

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Tue Oct 20 02:23:04 EDT 2009

> Can anyone confirm if MPLS-CCC on a EX-4200s is compatable with EoMPLS (or
> similar) on a Cisco 7600/RSP720? I can find references in the archives to
> the M40s working but I know the features are quite limited on the EX
> switches Just looking for port to port so nothing too complicated.

Not compatible. Somebody f'ed up in the EX series ASIC design, and as
a result of this the EX series can only do *one* MPLS label. This can
sort of work if you put one Martini tunnel into each excplit MPLS LSP,
but is nonstandard and not all that scalable.

The normal configuration for Martini tunnels/pseudowires/EoMPLS is, of
course, an outer label designating the egress PE router, and an inner
label designating the Martini tunnel on that PE router.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no