[j-nsp] BGP policy-options policy-statement

Nalkhande Tarique Abbas ntarique at juniper.net
Wed Oct 21 05:39:44 EDT 2009

---->>>
<you said>
I have an issue, I reject my private prefix-list but my BGP policy keep
sending my private prefix-list.

<Tarique>
set policy-options policy-statement OutBound-BGP-Routes-to-xxxx term
No-Advertise from route-filter 10.0.0.0/8 orlonger reject

----->>>>
<you said>
**I chance the configuration and delete the term Default and my BGP
policy stop sending the private prefix-list

term Default {
    then accept;
}

<Tarique>
I am not at all sure about the intent of this term? What are we trying
to achieve with this term ?

Thanks & Regards,
Tarique A. Nalkhande

I have an issue, I reject my private prefix-list but my BGP policy keep
sending my private prefix-list.

I made the following configuration.

show configuration policy-options policy-statement
OutBound-BGP-Routes-to-xxxxx

term No-Advertise {
    from {
        prefix-list Bogus-Networks;
    }
    then reject;
}
term Default {
    then accept;
}

onam at Metis# show policy-options
prefix-list Bogus-Networks {
    10.0.0.0/8;
    127.0.0.0/8;
    172.16.0.0/12;
    192.168.0.0/16;
    224.0.0.0/3;
}

onam at Metis# show protocols bgp group xxxxx
type external;
local-address x-x-x-x;
import Inbound-bgp-PRONTO;
family inet {
    unicast;
}
export OutBound-BGP-Routes-to-xxxxx;
peer-as 28088;
neighbor x-x-x-x;

[edit]
onam at Metis#

**I chance the configuration and delete the term Default and my BGP
policy stop sending the private prefix-list

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live
Spaces. It's easy!
http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.a
spx&mkt=en-us