[j-nsp] Slot zero on the ERX chassis

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Sep 1 17:27:47 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
Is there an issue where the ERX will not accept a DS3-4P I/O and OC3/OC12/DS3-ATM card set in slot zero?  I am having no luck with search engines and our vendor's support folks.  There is no problem when I put them in other slots.

From: Andy Vance <avance at hq.speakeasy.net>

None that I'm aware of, can you shoot a show hard and a show ver from that chassis with the card in?  We have GE cards in slot 0 but I don't recall any card type limitation.

The card is not in there now.  I did the normal slot disable, erase and accept stuff and all I see is hardware error after it tries to boot, but it does not do this on the other slots.  We have more than one ERX, I guess I'll try another.  I just wanted to ask the group before I got a tech out there at 2am again...

scott