[j-nsp] Community RegEx

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Sep 4 11:25:50 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 07:52:35AM -0400, Eric Van Tol wrote:

> I would think that the first one is the way to go, but it appears that
> both work.  Is one a "more righter" way of defining these communities?

Thats like asking which of the following two math expressions is "more
right":

A+B+C or (A+B+C)

Both say the same thing, the extra ()s on the second are unnecesary
because you aren't doing anything else with the expression in which the
parenthesis change the order of the operations. Now, if you were to
later come along and add "* 2" to the expression it would suddenly make
a difference to the result. But I doubt you would argue that you should
always put all of your existing expressions inside unnecessary parens
all the time, just incase someone were to come along and reuse your
A+B+C snippit in another expression without fully understanding how math
works. :)