[j-nsp] software version to use?

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Sep 15 10:49:04 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 04:29:26PM +0200, Matthias Gelbhardt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> At the moment I am configuring a bunch of Js for a customer. What will
> be the best practice to choose which version of JUNOS you should use?
> Are you using no Release until it reaches R2 or something like that? Do
> you prefer the even ones?

I try to use the Extended End-Of-Life releases, unless I need some
feature in a newer one.  Then'll I'll eventually hop onto the next
E-EOL release that has that feature in it.

http://www.juniper.net/alerts/viewalert.jsp?txtAlertNumber=PSN-2009-07-456&actionBtn=Search

It is generally a good idea to wait for R2 or R3 of a given version if
you can afford to.