[j-nsp] software version to use?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Sep 15 11:54:40 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 15 September 2009 10:29:26 pm Matthias Gelbhardt
wrote:

> At the moment I am configuring a bunch of Js for a
> customer. What will be the best practice to choose which
> version of JUNOS you should use? Are you using no Release
> until it reaches R2 or something like that? Do you prefer
> the even ones?

We go for a minimum of R3 if we plan to upgrade. Definitely
recommend avoiding R1, unless there's some feature you
really can't wait for in the later, more stable releases.

While waiting until R3 may sometimes be painful, you can
rest in the comfort that it will be released on time, if
that helps any :-).

Cheers,

Mark.