[j-nsp] Miercom Competitive Performance Testing Results: CiscoASR9000 vs Juniper MX960

Markus Åberg markus.aberg at ericsson.com
Thu Sep 24 02:38:41 EDT 2009

You are aware of what kind of testing we are talking about with Miercom and Tolly..?

The tests are paid for by one vendor in order to typically put focus on some corner case problem in another vendors equipment.

I am not saying that the specific results obtained are wrong, but it is probably very interesting to see the test parameters and configurations used in the test to be able to verify how realistic they are for real-world scenarios.

"Information contained in this report is based upon results observed a Cisco facility in San Jose, CA. Test cases were based on parameters set by Cisco."

Thanks,

       ///Markus Åberg