[j-nsp] LX SFP Question

Stefan Fouant sfouant at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 10:15:16 EDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 6:47 AM, Mike Mainer <mmainer at tekinside.com> wrote:

> on M&T routers you always have the command list below to give you light
> rx/tx levels/thresholds but Juniper removed this command from the EX version
> of JUNOS.  They actually had the command in early releases (9.2) but it did
> not provide any output.  I know in 9.4r3.5 Juniper just removed that command
> altogether.  We had asked our SE to have this added as a "feature request"
> but nothing so far...

It's expensive to put dB meters on every optical interface, and since these
are cheap commodity based switches those capabilities most likely do not
exist.  That most likely explains the reason you did not see any output in
the 9.2 release, which they finally decided to remove altogether from future
versions.  As Richard mentioned, you'll have DOM for 10GE interfaces, but
not the GE.  You get what you pay for... ;)

--
Stefan Fouant