[j-nsp] EX4200 sFlow on cluster

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Thu Apr 1 11:08:16 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 09:59:08PM -0400, Abel Alejandro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running 4 x EX4200 in a virtual chassis configuration. I configured
> sFlow but I can not get it to work.
> Basically the configuration is accepted and no errors are given but no
> flows are sent to the collector.
>
> I tried placing the collecting within the same subnet as the vme 0
> management interface and also moving it to a physical port.
>
> According the EX4200 the flows are being sent but I am running a tcpdump
> on the collector and nothing is coming from the EX4200.

I'm running sFlow on EX4200 VCs with JUNOS 9.6R3 and everything works
as expected.  The only difference from your configuration is that I'm
exporting to a collecter via an RVI.

Point of annoyance - JUNOS fails to expand apply-group interface
wildcards under [edit protocols sflow].  So I'm going to need a few
hundreds lines of config on my VCs instead of a nice and compact
group.  I don't suppose anyone has discovered a way around this?

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie