[j-nsp] EX 4200-24F Not forwarding on 10 G ports after software update

Bacon, Harrison hbacon at umflint.edu
Wed Apr 14 10:17:13 EDT 2010

Jay,

Sounds similar to what I've been dealing with since September 2009 on a pair of EX-4200 24F's. If it is the same bug you will notice that the SFID will spike to around 50%, a 'Show lldp neighbor' from the bugged router will see the upstream router but running the same command on the upstream router will not see the bugged router. A reboot will fix the issue as well as some undocumented ATAC commands but the only real solution I found is in the firmware. Anything newer than 9.3R2.8, from my experience, will bug out between 1-3 weeks after uptime.

Juniper has replaced both units to try and fix the issue as they were thinking it was something in the revision of hardware but both of the 4200-24f's still bug out if the firmware is newer than I mentioned. As of right now, Juniper RMA'd a spare unit that I'm to run on older firmware and move all my connections to for when that bug triggers; that way the bugged unit can be debugged as much as ATAC wants and I don't have to worry about downtime.

Good luck,

-Harrison