[j-nsp] /32 host routes on down interfaces

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Apr 22 16:10:38 EDT 2010

Once upon a time, Paul Stewart <paul at paulstewart.org> said:
> That is an interesting find - my thought would have been the same.  Don't
> install the route OR the host route into the table unless it's active.
>
> Why would you have a route entry exist to an interface that is down and
> could never pass traffic?  Just my thoughts...
>
> Would be interesting to hear from JTAC if this was a design "feature" or an
> overlooked "oops"....

I first noticed it when we got our first Juniper (about 5 years ago),
and when I asked about it, the response was pretty much "it is that way
because that's the way it is".  I don't think I've seen a problem
related to it though (although I do still think it is weird).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>