[j-nsp] /32 host routes on down interfaces

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Fri Apr 23 17:44:30 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 03:31:35PM -0400, Richmond, Jeff wrote:
> This has been there for a while, so if it was overlooked it has been ongoing. :)

It's like that since at least JUNOS 4.3 - I ran (painfully) into it in 2001...

Never managed to get an explanation from JNPR. I guess a bug became a
feature... which seems to be the new policy to deal with bugs and
especially sloppy coding (coder taking the "easy way out") nowadays anyway.

Do any config change in the "chassis" hierarchy => chassisd gets a
config change trigger => suddenly any DPC boots that is in "offline" state
as chassisd invokes the chassis power sequencer. JNPR insists that this is
expected behaviour and reasonable. I don't like unexpectedly booting
hardware just you do a totally unrelated config change, but that's prolly
just me weirdo complaining.

Or think of the technically unnecessary BGP session resets.

To be fair, still, JUNOS really "sucks less".

Best regards,
Daniel