[j-nsp] J Series - BGP Peering Router?

Michel de Nostredame d.nostra at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 16:26:31 EDT 2010

Hi  Truman,

As you recommended on the packet mode config, there do have the needs to get
rid of flow mode on J's.

When turn into packet mode on current JUNOS, some feature will become
useless such as Jflow and IPsec VPN. But they are both important in terms of
accounting (Jflow) and establish cross-office connections. Also, even
disable the flow mode on current JUNOS the memory is still occupied by
processes.

However when I chat with my AM from Juniper that he could not provide any
answer if Juniper will provide pure packet-mode JUNOS on J's again in the
future.

I wondering if anyone on this list could have some inside story on this why
Juniper stops the packet-mode JUNOS on J's and if there any chance to bring
it back?

regards,
--
Michel~