[j-nsp] Two RRs

alaerte vidali alaertevidali at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:19:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

When configuring two route reflectors on same clusters for redundancy
purpose, does it matter if the backup reflector is configured inside the
same group for clients?

For example:

group RRclients
type internal
cluster 1.1.1.1
neighbor "client1"
neighbor "client2"
neighbor "RR2"

group NonRRclients
type internal
neighbor "client3"

Or is it mandatory configure the other RR out of the group where cluster ID
is configured?

Like this:

group RRclients
type internal
cluster 1.1.1.1
neighbor client1"
neighbor "client2"

group NonRRclients
type internal
neighbor "client3"
neighbor "RR2"

I guess my question/confusion is because on Cisco we have explicity command
to define neighbor as RRclient or notRRclient, and the backup RR is not
configured as client.

As Juniper does not have so, I need to know if Juniper will consider the
backup RR as client if I configure it inside the group where "cluster"
command is used.

Comments appreciated.