[j-nsp] Two RRs

Keegan.Holley at sungard.com Keegan.Holley at sungard.com
Wed Apr 28 16:02:57 EDT 2010

This is more a design question than configuration.  It depends on if you
need routes reflected to this reflector or if it will receive all the
necessary routes via it's normal peerings.  It sounds like you don't need
the second RR to be a client of the first, but again that depends on your
network.  Cisco has the same functionality such that the RRclient status
is not configured locally.  It's just done with a different set of
commands.

[j-nsp] Two RRs

alaerte vidali
to:
juniper-nsp
04/28/10 02:23 PM

Sent by:
<juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net>

Hi,

When configuring two route reflectors on same clusters for redundancy
purpose, does it matter if the backup reflector is configured inside the
same group for clients?

For example:

group RRclients
type internal
cluster 1.1.1.1
neighbor "client1"
neighbor "client2"
neighbor "RR2"

group NonRRclients
type internal
neighbor "client3"

Or is it mandatory configure the other RR out of the group where cluster
ID
is configured?

Like this:

group RRclients
type internal
cluster 1.1.1.1
neighbor client1"
neighbor "client2"

group NonRRclients
type internal
neighbor "client3"
neighbor "RR2"

I guess my question/confusion is because on Cisco we have explicity
command
to define neighbor as RRclient or notRRclient, and the backup RR is not
configured as client.

As Juniper does not have so, I need to know if Juniper will consider the
backup RR as client if I configure it inside the group where "cluster"
command is used.

Comments appreciated.