[j-nsp] Single Fiber SM SFP

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Fri Aug 6 11:45:24 EDT 2010

Keegan,

In a normal SFP, both strands are used in a fiber pair, where one strand is
used for transmit, and another is used for receive.  What he's looking for
is the ability to use a WDM technique, in reverse directions, where two
different wavelengths are used on a single strand of fiber (not a fiber
pair) so that he can transmit and receive on that single strand.

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIEx2
www.shortestpathfirst.net
GPG Key ID: 0xB5E3803D