[j-nsp] Single Fiber SM SFP

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Fri Aug 6 12:15:46 EDT 2010

Unless you like being price-gouged where it hurts the most by Juniper, I'd suggest looking at third-party vendors like MRV or Finisar for SFPs.  MRV makes DOM-enabled SFPs that work in Juniper equipment and they are 1/10th the price of Juniper's branded SFPs at the same or better quality.  I have never encountered any issue where Juniper saw that non-J SFPs were installed and wouldn't provide support.  However, if the problem is the SFP itself, then obviously they won't support it.  That's why spares are good to have around.  With the money you save by buying MRV or Finisar, you can have spares *and* go on a Caribbean cruise.

-evt