[j-nsp] EX4200 VC odd routing issues

Chris Evans chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:27:50 EDT 2010

I'm flying blind but sometimes this is normal in single hop behaviors.

Can you post a dump of the traceroute so we can fully see it?

For problem two.  Enable igmp as well. It is needed for querier services.
On Cisco when you enable Pim on the interface igmp is automatically enabled.
Enable Pim if you need it as well.

On Aug 9, 2010 2:19 PM, "Bill Blackford" <BBlackford at nwresd.k12.or.us>
wrote:
> EX4200-24T X2 (VC) Layer3
> 10.1R1.8
>
> EX3200-48T (switch1 and switch2) Layer2 rack switches.
> 10.0S1.1
>

> I don't have enough empirical data to offer but I figured I'd ask the
group in case any of this behavior has been seen.

> Problem 1. Inter-vlan routing.
> I'm seeing issues with simple routing from vlanA on switch1 to vlanB on
switch2. Both switch1 and switch2 connect via L2 ae trunks to the EX4200 VC.
All Vlans are consistent throughout all switches. RVI's on the Layer3 VC are
correct. I am also seeing a traceroute from hostA on switch1 to hostB on
switch2 to return only the dest host, not the gateway (VC) followed by the
dest host as would be expected (IOW, a single hop). The EX4200 just replaced
a C3750 VC, the rack switches mentioned did not change.

> Problem 2. (separate issue) Multicast on same switch/same vlan.
> I have two hosts that can normally communicate via mcast that now that
they're on a Juniper EX cannot. I haven't changed the default of
"igmp-snooping vlan all". I move these hosts back to the "C" switch and
mcast functions again.