[j-nsp] EX4200 VC odd routing issues

Piotr Bratkowski pioterbrat at o2.pl
Mon Aug 9 14:29:19 EDT 2010

Hello,

I had similiar problem with multicast hp stack. It truns out that on
these ports igmp snooping need to be switched off becouse ex doesn't
recognize it as valid protocol ( i mean hp stacking multicast).

Regards,
Piotr Bratkowski

W dniu 2010-08-09 20:06, Bill Blackford pisze:
> EX4200-24T X2 (VC) Layer3
> 10.1R1.8
>
> EX3200-48T (switch1 and switch2) Layer2 rack switches.
> 10.0S1.1
>

> I don't have enough empirical data to offer but I figured I'd ask the
group in case any of this behavior has been seen.

> Problem 1. Inter-vlan routing.
>     I'm seeing issues with simple routing from vlanA on switch1 to
vlanB on switch2. Both switch1 and switch2 connect via L2 ae trunks to
the EX4200 VC. All Vlans are consistent throughout all switches. RVI's
on the Layer3 VC are correct. I am also seeing a traceroute from hostA
on switch1 to hostB on switch2 to return only the dest host, not the
gateway (VC) followed by the dest host as would be expected (IOW, a
single hop). The EX4200 just replaced a C3750 VC, the rack switches
mentioned did not change.

> Problem 2. (separate issue) Multicast on same switch/same vlan.
>     I have two hosts that can normally communicate via mcast that now
that they're on a Juniper EX cannot. I haven't changed the default of
"igmp-snooping vlan all". I move these hosts back to the "C" switch and
mcast functions again.