[j-nsp] M7i DHCP Relay

Kaj Niemi kajtzu at a51.org
Wed Aug 11 18:42:22 EDT 2010

Hi,

This is supposedly fixed in PR/523902 which is resolved in 10.2R2 10.3R1
10.1R3 10.0R4 10.4R1. It includes two hidden commands which should allow the
forwarding of DHCP traffic on interfaces that are not configured for DHCP
(when using dhcp-relay or dhcp-local-server). I haven't had the time to test
it out yet.

On another note, does anyone have unnumbered and helpers bootp working on
MX? All I can coax out of them is "request from 0.0.0.0 if ge-1/0/3.2070 no
useful gateway address" in fud log with maximum logging, "show helper
statistics" claiming the reason being "Due to no valid local address: " and
incrementing drop counters. There's a ticket open on that, too.

Kaj