[j-nsp] M7i DHCP Relay

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Aug 12 05:01:52 EDT 2010

> This is supposedly fixed in PR/523902 which is resolved in 10.2R2 10.3R1
> 10.1R3 10.0R4 10.4R1. It includes two hidden commands which should allow the
> forwarding of DHCP traffic on interfaces that are not configured for DHCP
> (when using dhcp-relay or dhcp-local-server). I haven't had the time to test
> it out yet.

We have tested these two commands, both in daily build versions of
JunOS and in 10.0S7.1 where it is implemented. These commands seem to
do the job, even if they don't solve all of our problems.

> On another note, does anyone have unnumbered and helpers bootp working on
> MX? All I can coax out of them is "request from 0.0.0.0 if ge-1/0/3.2070 no
> useful gateway address" in fud log with maximum logging, "show helper
> statistics" claiming the reason being "Due to no valid local address: " and
> incrementing drop counters. There's a ticket open on that, too.

I doubt you'll get unnumbered to work with helpers bootp - I believe
you need the infrastructure from dhcp-relay to work with unnumbered.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no